Information on the Small Project Support
(Created page with "This page will contain information on the '''Small Project Support'''. Information on applying for the support can be found on Small Project Support itself. ==Promotion==...")
|(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This page will contain information on the '''Small Project Support'''. Information on
This page will contain information on the '''Small Project Support'''. Information on the can be found on [[Small Project Support]] itself.
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
An estimated 15 projects a year
An estimated 15 projects a year R30,000 a year.
can be funded
Latest revision as of 20:59, 5 January 2013
This page will contain information on the Small Project Support. Information on the application proces can be found on Small Project Support itself.
- during presentations from WM ZA
- using "centralnotice" on the wiki sites in South Africa
- put on website
An estimated 15 projects a year is (max) R30,000 a year.
On the board meeting in November 2012, we discussed how this can be funded:
- Regranting system: We get a source of funds (e.g. from WMF) which we can use for small projects.
- Dumisani and Isla are membors of the WMF "Flow funding" pilot project: they will use this to fund projects.
- Use the term "competitions" to solicit grant applications for small grants (e.g. "win a camera" for best grant proposal)
- Workshops for winning groups (e.g. winning school; Municipality can sponsor prizes) - needs a lot of work from us!
- For schools projects, one of the issues is that it is hard to edit Wikipedia: need funding to support training efforts.