Information on the Small Project Support
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
An estimated 15 projects a year
An estimated 15 projects a year R30,000 a year.
Latest revision as of 20:59, 5 January 2013
This page will contain information on the Small Project Support. Information on the application proces can be found on Small Project Support itself.
- during presentations from WM ZA
- using "centralnotice" on the wiki sites in South Africa
- put on website
An estimated 15 projects a year is (max) R30,000 a year.
On the board meeting in November 2012, we discussed how this can be funded:
- Regranting system: We get a source of funds (e.g. from WMF) which we can use for small projects.
- Dumisani and Isla are membors of the WMF "Flow funding" pilot project: they will use this to fund projects.
- Use the term "competitions" to solicit grant applications for small grants (e.g. "win a camera" for best grant proposal)
- Workshops for winning groups (e.g. winning school; Municipality can sponsor prizes) - needs a lot of work from us!
- For schools projects, one of the issues is that it is hard to edit Wikipedia: need funding to support training efforts.