Board Meeting 13 February 2018
From Wikimedia ZA
Wikimedia South Africa Board Meeting 13 Feb 2018 19h00
- Deon - left around 20:00
- Call out notification (draft written up)
- Example: "Wikimania 2018 will be happening in Cape Town, South Africa. Don't missout on this once in a lifetime opporutity to attend in your back yard. Apply for a scholarship now".
- Start the process of getting those banners up in South Africa
- Bobby has contacted David about scholarship process, he's happy to be involved but is busy
- David to send out banner.
- Dumi to be removed as bank account signatory, Bobby to follow up with bank and get proof for WMF.
- Deon available as backup signatory, but not to be added yet.
- List of directors at CPC(?) needs to be updated, only Bobby, Dumi and Douglas are listed
- We tried to do this years ago, very tedious process, got nowhere
- Radio Sonder Grense have invited Deon to Woordefees to give live interview in early March
- Does Wikimedia ZA have funds to fly him down, or is there someone in Cape Town?
- There is a TPS grant application process from WMF. But the approval process may take a month.
- Marula Media interested in covering Wikimania, will contact Deon with questions.
- We have a data contract lying unused, if anyone needs this for Wikimania purposes, ask Raymond
Other agenda items
- Bobby trip to Zambia, collaboration with the Swedish embassy - Discussed at last meeting
- Wed 7 Mar 7pm