Talk:Code of discipline for directors
Discussion regarding the code of discipline of the board of directors.
Approval by Board
I reverted Maarten's Rollback. The item on the compensation of directors for time spent was approved by at the board meeting. See minutes here. It must stay in the code unless specifically challenged and discussed at a board meeting.--19:56, 31 January 2013 (SAST)
Our organisation has changed since we first wrote this Code of discpline. We changed bank accounts, hired an Administrator, started a lot of projects, suddenly have multiple board members abroad... As such I propose to update the code to this new situation, and (in a later phase) perform the necessary steps with the banks. MADe (talk) 22:31, 25 February 2014 (SAST)
- Approval has to be found BEFORE committing to the costs. Do not wait until the flight is booked, the computer stations have been installed and the invoices start to come in. Do it BEFORE you give them final go.
- APPROVAL can only be done by BOARD MEMBERS according to the approval tree below.
- Once approved, the payment can be PROCESSED by any person with access to the bank accounts. This includes certain board members and designated staff.
- Approval tree
Payment requests need to be approved by:
- Under 1,000 ZAR: BOARD MEMBER
- Under 10,000 ZAR: REQUESTING BOARD MEMBER + other BOARD MEMBER + (deputy) TREASURER
- 10,000 ZAR or more: approval by majority at a BOARD meeting
- Send the request + the quote to the WM ZA board mailing list. Approvals are added as "reply to all".
- Invoices and proofs of payment need be filed in the filing system.
- Changes of more then 10% of the initial request need a new approval procedure.