Board Meeting 6 February 2019

From Wikimedia ZA
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Paybook Glass)
(STB Hackathon)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
 
* Yonela
 
* Yonela
 
* Rossouw (disconnected, poor signal)
 
* Rossouw (disconnected, poor signal)
 +
 +
=== Appologies ===
 +
* Ian
  
 
== 2018 Grant Repot ==
 
== 2018 Grant Repot ==
- Report can be accessed at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple/Applications/Wikimedia_South_Africa/2018
+
* Report can be accessed at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple/Applications/Wikimedia_South_Africa/2018
- 2018 report completed and submitted to the Foundation
+
* 2018 report completed and submitted to the Foundation
- We have exceeded expected performance targets
+
* We have exceeded expected performance targets
- We have R84,698.35 left of the R263,900 grant WMF money
+
* We have R84,698.35 left of the R263,900 grant WMF money
- We have only around R1250 left in the Chapter account
+
* We have only around R1250 left in the Chapter account
  
 
== Jobergpedia Report ==
 
== Jobergpedia Report ==
Line 31: Line 34:
  
 
== STB Hackathon==
 
== STB Hackathon==
- Michael and explains project based on written proposal previously sent out
+
* Michael explains project based on written proposal previously sent out
- Adri seconds proposal, Bobby support, and Douglas supports, Michael supports; no objections, motion passes to run the project
+
* Adri seconds proposal, Bobby supports, and Douglas supports, Michael supports; no objections, motion passes to run the project
- Expected to happen in April 2019
+
* Expected to happen in April 2019
- Set aside R10,000 for this project
+
* Set aside R10,000 for this project
  
 
== Paybook Glass ==
 
== Paybook Glass ==
Line 46: Line 49:
 
* Board to ask Ian to setup a financial statements mailing list
 
* Board to ask Ian to setup a financial statements mailing list
  
== Remote sectary service ==
+
== Remote secretary service ==
 
* Coenraad: updates on the nature of the service at a cost of R2500 a month.
 
* Coenraad: updates on the nature of the service at a cost of R2500 a month.
 
:: Need for this sort of service so we can save board member and volunteer time.
 
:: Need for this sort of service so we can save board member and volunteer time.
Line 52: Line 55:
 
* Douglas: two invoices have so far been paid for November and December 2018.
 
* Douglas: two invoices have so far been paid for November and December 2018.
 
* Bobby: also wants clarity and to join the meeting with them to join them.  Feels like everyone was not fully informed before they were hired.
 
* Bobby: also wants clarity and to join the meeting with them to join them.  Feels like everyone was not fully informed before they were hired.
 +
* Coenraad to setup a meeting with the service on Friday the 15 February.
 +
 +
===Recorded responsibilities provided by Coenraad===
 +
# Onboarding new members Copy member details from sign up form to membership fom. 2days/week<br/>Send notification email. 2 to3hrs/day<br/>Send payment link from payment provider. 20hrs/month<br/>Subscribe member to list.<br/>Send welcome email to members.<br/><br/>
 +
# Donations follow up. Follow up on Payments.<br/>Update on the membership form on progress. R125.00/hr<br/><br/>
 +
# Phone services Forwarding and answering of the phone and taking messages.<br/>Total R 2,500.00
 +
 +
== Afrikaans writing competition ==
 +
Need to ensure that Rossouw is attending the meeting before we can make a decision.
 +
 +
[[Category:Board meetings]]

Latest revision as of 03:30, 14 March 2019

Wikimedia ZA board meeting - 6 February 2019

19:00-20:30

Contents

[edit] Agenda

  • 2018 Grant Report (Douglas)
  • Jobergpedia report (Bobby)
  • STB Hackathon (Michael)
  • Paybook Glass: should we use it?
  • Remote sectary service
  • Afrikaans Writing competition prizes

[edit] Attendance

  • Douglas
  • Bobby
  • Coenraad
  • Adri
  • Raymond
  • Yonela
  • Rossouw (disconnected, poor signal)

[edit] Appologies

  • Ian

[edit] 2018 Grant Repot

[edit] Jobergpedia Report

- Has been completed and should be wrapped up soon

[edit] STB Hackathon

  • Michael explains project based on written proposal previously sent out
  • Adri seconds proposal, Bobby supports, and Douglas supports, Michael supports; no objections, motion passes to run the project
  • Expected to happen in April 2019
  • Set aside R10,000 for this project

[edit] Paybook Glass

  • Douglas explains it, was presented on it after the last board meeting.
had a monthly cost, see product here: [1]
  • Coenraad: looks pretty but might duplicate other perfectly good systems that our book keepers are using us. Extra work for the accountants, if we have a monthly statement of accounts sent out to the board (management account) as an alternative.
  • Michael: excessively complicated and concerns with cost.
  • Bobby: likes the presentation but concerned about issues Coenraad has raised.
  • Votes against using Paybook Glass: Bobby, Coenraad, Michael (and most probably Ian as well, need to confirm).
  • Vote passes to experiment with Book keepers's proposed system of monthly emails to board of management statement of accounts until end of 2019 and will review the possible use of Paybook Glass again.
  • Board to ask Ian to setup a financial statements mailing list

[edit] Remote secretary service

  • Coenraad: updates on the nature of the service at a cost of R2500 a month.
Need for this sort of service so we can save board member and volunteer time.
Setup meeting with them.
  • Douglas: two invoices have so far been paid for November and December 2018.
  • Bobby: also wants clarity and to join the meeting with them to join them. Feels like everyone was not fully informed before they were hired.
  • Coenraad to setup a meeting with the service on Friday the 15 February.

[edit] Recorded responsibilities provided by Coenraad

  1. Onboarding new members Copy member details from sign up form to membership fom. 2days/week
    Send notification email. 2 to3hrs/day
    Send payment link from payment provider. 20hrs/month
    Subscribe member to list.
    Send welcome email to members.

  2. Donations follow up. Follow up on Payments.
    Update on the membership form on progress. R125.00/hr

  3. Phone services Forwarding and answering of the phone and taking messages.
    Total R 2,500.00

[edit] Afrikaans writing competition

Need to ensure that Rossouw is attending the meeting before we can make a decision.

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Organization
Get Involved
Wikimania 2018
Connect
Toolbox