Board Meeting 10 November 2020
From Wikimedia ZA
Wikimedia ZA - Board Meeting 10 November 2020
- Michael Graaf
- update on Zoom account - IAN to give an update
- ADRI to setup the Google Form
2020 AGM - Decide on Agenda
- Review of previous year's AGM minutes
- Annual Report:
- What we did this year
- Planned for next year
- Update on 5 year plan. What we discussed vs Where we are. Try to put hours against it
- Strategic Partnerships - Moleskin, LIASA, Afrikaans Wiki and Akademie
- Language Audit - Ask IAN to do this
- Effect of COVID-19
- Vote for 2021 Board
- Note that Deon will not be able to join, but is willing to be nominated in absencia for the Board of 2021
Hiring Process Update
- 78 applications so far (FB, WikiNetwork and UCT)
- Deadline is 25 November
- Hiring Committee to meet and discuss process to quality check CV's and create a shortlist
- Adri to post to Mail and Guardian
African Language support
- UKZN Edit-Workshop is happening this weekend. Bobby is running this. The group, consisting of students and former students, calls themselves "the global shapers international". The MOU is valid for 6 months.
- The first two sessions will be learning opportunities and the last session will be a competition.
- Michael has sent Moleskin Foundation an update, but have not received feedback.
- Wikipedia 20th Birthday Party - Do we need to apply for a rapid grant?
- Decided that yes, we should apply for a rapid grant in order to make funds available for data bundles.
- First check if we have the funds available internally due to COVID underspending.
- WikiScience 2021
- Wynand supports the idea and thinks its a great way of getting universities involved.
- Wynand, Bobby, Deon, Michael all know people in the science community
- To be included in the grant application for next year.
- Start a network database where all the Science contacts can be added throughout the year. Douglas to share a list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4UlLi11OSKpeozI_TIoiHVGNHtAfsmBcFoQsOGlvWI/edit?usp=sharing
- SADiLAR update: meeting to plan for early 2021
- WMF is running a survey and are looking for one or two people to answer the survey. Bobby has suggested Adri and Wynand to help out. Adri to respond to the email