Board Meeting 7 July 2020
From Wikimedia ZA
Wikimedia ZA - Board Meeting - 7 July 2020
Papa and Rudolph regarding Moleskin Foundation (Bobby)
- Over the years, the Moleskin Foundation have done a number of editathons that were well attended.
- Rudolph Ampofo is with the WMF and responsible for African affairs
- Papa (Papakow Baiden) is with the Moleskin Foundation (Program Management for Wiki Africa Education Programme).
- The Moleskin Foundation is restrategising in how it works with partners and execute projects. Their purpose is to drive creativity through social change.
- Vision: Young people should be able to find educational resources in their home language.
- Pillar 1: Write
- Pillar 2: Think
- Pillar 3: Inspire
- The Moleskin Foundation is looking for Regional/Local Partners to help curate and organise local/regional events
- Types of partners: Project Partners, Implementing Partners, Steering Committee
- Reiteration from Papa that the ask is for the students (that attend projects/campaigns) to add articles and he's asking the Chapter to assist in the training events and introductions
- Challenges highlighted by Douglas:
- The community consists of volunteers, who prefer to work on what they want to
- Mostly we are overcommitted, and encourage join people to join and introduce them to the community.
- Therefore its hard for community members to take on additional projects with the Moleskin Foundation.
- What we can do is introduce Papa to editors in other countries who are super editors and are looking for projects to help with.
- We can probably help on a project by project basis as there is capacity, and then reach out to people outside our country to help on the under-capacity workshops.
- We also want to activate editors at the workshops to ensure that they keep contributing in the future, past just the Moleskin events.
- Michael suggest that we rotate representation on the steering committee. Bobby has volunteered to start and Michael to stand in on a regular basis.
Deferred to next week:
- Administrator Position: What qualities are we looking for? (Douglas)
- WMZA President 2021 (Douglas)
- 2030 Brand Strategy - Survey feedback (Adri)
- End of the year Grant Report - Due end of this month
From 28 April to 7 July:
- Twitter: 1564 followers -> 1593
- Facebook (English): 978 follows (895 likes) -> 984 (896)
- Facebook (Afrikaans): 639 members -> 643
- Mailing list (Afrikaans): 314 members. Suspect most are fake, aol addresses, no valid activity for years -> 313
- Mailing list (English): 268 members -> 262
- Instagram 164 Followers -> 172
- Meetup: 125 members -> 127
- Youtube: 51 subscribers -> 51
- Zulip: 25 users -> 27